As a 157 bed medical, surgical, and psychiatric facility, the Kansas City VA provides comprehensive health care through primary care and tertiary care in subspecialty medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation. It is also a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Kansas and the University of Missouri Kansas City. Take a closer look at Kansas City at www.thinkkc.com.Learn more about this agency
The Professional QA Nurse Review Specialist (QARN) is accountable for the clinical screening, planning and data compilation, documenting, evaluating and trending patient care activities for the facility Performance Improvement Program activities.The incumbent is under the supervision and general direction of the Chief of, Quality, Safety, and Value. Demonstrated current clinical competence of a professional RN is required. Incumbent must possess at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing with five years of recent clinical experience.
- Contributes to the establishment of a climate within the Medical Center that promotes optimum review and clinical screening, evaluation and trending analysis of clinical practice via the PI Program.
- Conducts systematic, comprehensive clinical screening reviews as designated by the Medical Center's Performance Improvement Program activities.
- Leads the assessment and evaluation of data collected through the screening activities and compiles data in a usable form for all clinical and administrative staff.
- Makes clinical judgments and draws conclusions from collected data to identify patient care issues/trends that require intervention to improve patient care and/or obviate risk situations.
- Communicates findings and analysis to appropriate disciplines for action as indicated.
- Initiates changes in clinical practice and/or the system for delivering patient care based on current concepts and findings from research and/or studies.
- Safeguards and maintains confidentiality in all aspects of QM/QI activities according to Confidentiality Regulations.
- Collaborates with all medical center staff, community, external agencies, etc. to achieve optimum cooperation and to maximize PI activities.
- Acts as an expert consultant for all PI activities as they relate to clinical practice and in the development of clinical and/or administrative indicators.
- Interprets philosophy and goals of the PI Program to hospital personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for continuing professional and personal growth.
- Works with medical center staff to ensure continued accreditation readiness.
- Initiates and/or participates in research projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Functional Statement: REGISTERED NURSE: NURSE III QARN
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524646200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.