The position is located in the Office of Performance and Planning, Bureau of Budget and Planning (BP). The mission of the Bureau of Budget and Planning (BP) is to effectively justify and manage the Department of State's resources by delivering timely, accurate, and actionable information and advocate for the Department to receive adequate resources to fund programs, projects, and activities to meet it's mission.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for directing, implementing, coordinating, or overseeing one or more of a variety of management programs impacting the Bureau (e.g., annual and strategic program planning, program budgeting, and acquisition planning and administration).
- Develops policies, issuances, and directives. Responsible for providing oversight and coordinating the identification, analysis and issuance of policies with managers and top level officials of the Bureau.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring sophisticated management information systems that focus on the Bureau’s progress in executing long and short range plans.
- Plans, develops, and coordinates planning management through briefings, presentations and conferences for executive management.
- Incumbent represents the Bureau at meetings and conferences to advocate Bureau views and policy positions, takes note of opposing points of view, and develops oral and written reports for Bureau management.
- At the GS-12 level, the incumbent performs essentially the same duties as outlined above; however, the scope and complexity of assignments are of less responsibility and independence and receives closer than normal supervision than the GS 13.
Occasional travel - Occasional domestic travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524617800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.