This position is located in the Office of Outreach and Project Development (OPD), The Build America Bureau, Office of the Secretary. This position serves as the Expert in a transportation mode/specialty in support of the OPD program to identify, develop and finance transportation infrastructure projects, and develop strategies to advance projects.Learn more about this agency
As a Transportation Specialist (Project Development Lead), you will:
- Serve as a Transportation Specialist responsible the development and execution of strategies to advance projects from early planning through financing and construction in one or more of the following specialized fields: Rail, Transit/Governance, Maritime/Ports, Highway/Tolling or Financing and;
- Conduct upstream relationship development such as, conferences and meetings to understand primary infrastructure needs within the specialty area and how DOT could potentially fill them; and analyze and understand primary development e.g., attending conferences, site travel and meetings.
- Provide Financing category assistance, and focus on helping clients secure project financing from multiple sources beginning with Federal, then state and local, and finally, from non-governmental sources through public/private partnerships. Work to form effective Public/Private Partnership join ventures that lead to the above funding sources.
- Encourage and facilitate the development of public-private partnerships where appropriate; work with Operating Administrations, Bureau staff and Project Sponsors to develop detailed project development action plans, with key milestones and risk mitigation strategies, and present plans to leadership for validation and provide monthly updates; develop and execute compliance strategies for permitting and facilitating with government agencies to shepherd projects though the environmental review process; meet monthly with sponsors of complex to highly complex projects to ensure progress; offer full suite of Bureau/DOT services to assist in systematically advancing project to credit and supporting development of public-private partnerships when appropriate; and coordinate with sponsors and Credit Program offices to ensure project sponsors are progressing systematically in development of documentation for credit-worthiness phase of projects.
- Provide technical expertise to Regional Project Development Leads (PDLs), and project sponsors on projects within the Regional PDL portfolios. Identify, during intake process, key project elements needing particular attention (e.g., Buy America, NEPA, permitting, etc.) for inclusion in project development action plans. Upon formal transfer of projects to the Specialized PDL, provide leadership, technical assistance and focus to navigate assigned project portfolio from intake to credit and monitor until project completion.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: The employee develops a culture of customer service and established protocols, strategies, and procedures to ensure funding service for customer contacts; and monitors the pipeline of projects under development to track successful completion and execution of strategy. Serves as single point of contact for project sponsors and provides expert technical advice and support to navigate projects through the development process.
25% or less - Travel is Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524583300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.