This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution, National Museum of African American History and Culture. This position greets all visitors, including high level visitors, to the NMAAHC staff area, answers telephone calls from the public using a multi-line telephone and performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties for the Director’s Office and staff.Learn more about this agency
- Greets all visitors, including high level visitors, to the NMAAHC staff area, and answers telephone calls from the public using a multi-line telephone.
- Establishes and maintains a telephone log of all incoming calls to the Director.
- Provides computer processing, typing, clerical and administrative support to the Director’s Office.
- Writes and edits emails, documents and correspondence, and ensures that written communications express the intended message, and that they are clear, concise, appropriate in tone, logically formatted, understandable and grammatically correct.
- Establishes and maintains files and filing systems for the Director’s Office as well as administrative and functional program records in hard copy and automated systems.
- Maintains the Executive’s calendars and notifies the appropriate individuals of any updates/changes as required.
- Receives, clocks in, and distributes all incoming mail to the Office and establishes and maintains the Director’s correspondence log.
- Makes domestic and international travel arrangements and creates travel authorizations and vouchers in the Travel System.
- Tracks expenditures and assists in the procurement of required goods and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524571100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.