The candidate will be assigned to the VA Pacific Islands Health Care System, Mental Health Service. Duties include psychiatric evaluation/assessment, psychiatric medication management, and coordination of the veteran's overall mental health care. Psychiatrist works closely with colleagues to provide comprehensive, outpatient mental health care.Learn more about this agency
An additional 10.99% Cost-Of-Living Allowance (COLA) will be added to the stated salary amount. COLA is subject to change without notice.
- Conducts a complete psychiatric diagnostic examination with patients to arrive at a differential diagnosis, a plan for work up of the condition considering any other medical conditions that may influence the presentation and create a treatment plan when indicated.
- Psychiatrist interprets and evaluates clinical data for the purpose of determining clinical status and appropriate diagnoses and interventions.
- Therapeutic Ability-Provides appropriate and timely treatment. Recognizes and assesses changes in behavior, symptoms, signs, and other pertinent facts about the patients and modifies plan of treatment when indicated. Recognizes own capabilities and limitations.
- Effectiveness in Emergencies- Quickly recognizes emergency situations and takes timely necessary actions including suicide risk assessments and level of care needed to safely treat each patient.
- Patient Management-Develops and maintains rapport and gains the confidence of patients and their family members through competence and interpersonal skills. Involves patients and family members in developing the treatment plan.
- Consultations and Specialty Skills-Recognizes need for consultation and utilizes facility or clinic specialty skills in diagnosis and treatment.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 0730 AM - 4:00 PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524565700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.