This position is located in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Division of End User Support (DEUS). The duty location is Rockville, MD.Learn more about this agency
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
Applicants please note: Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health of Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
IT Specialists (INFOSEC) are a mission critical occupation for HRSA. These positions are responsible for the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of mission critical applications for the agency's Information Technology operations.
The Division of End User Support provides leadership, consultation, training, and management services for HRSA's enterprise user computing environment.
As the Deputy Director, you provide supervision and direction for programs with significant resources (e.g., those involving a multimillion-dollar level of annual resources). In addition, you provide the subject matter expertise for technical review of OIT and DEUS policies, procedures, and standards as they are developed or revised.
Specifically, your major duties and responsibilities include:
- Serving as staff advisor to the Director on matters relating to the Cyber Security vulnerabilities and threats to computer systems operating using Windows X technologies.
- Providing Cyber Security support and Develops and interprets policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning and delivery of IT user support services throughout the agency.
- Providing guidance on accreditations procedures and appropriate computer security measures.
- Coordinating technical vulnerability testing and network assessments for users to counter unauthorized attempts to enter command automation information systems.
- Overseeing the efficient and effective delivery of a help desk support, desktop management, video, mobile devices, web conferencing, and telephone services to HRSA customers located in Headquarters and HRSA's 10 Regional Offices.
- Developing, implementing, and managing HRSA's desktop, printer, and software standards and configurations.
- Providing continuous diagnostics and mitigation security services for HRSA's desktops.
- Providing audio, web collaboration, and video conferencing support.
- Conducting near and long-term planning to ensure the proper allocation of Division and OIT resources for supporting HRSA's IT users.
- Performing budget and contract management for IT services.
- Overseeing work that is performed by the contractor and determine the acceptability of work products and services, which may affect payment to the contractor.
25% or less - Expected travel up to 25% may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524537700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.