The Inspector General (IG) conducts, supervises, and coordinates inspections, audits, investigations, and reviews relating to the programs and operations over which the Director of National Intelligence has authority and responsibility.
This is an opportunity for:
- An internal or external candidate to fill a GS-15 cadre position
- The ICIG offers exciting and challenging opportunities. Its 2019 Work Plan includes diverse areas of interest for evaluation such as various aspects of cybersecurity, the IC Foreign Language Program, implementation of policy for managing unauthorized disclosures, intelligence oversight guidelines and processes, use and impact of AFMAR, ODNI crisis management, validation of ODNI employee education credentials, and implementation of policy managing the DNI's Security Executive Agent responsibilities.
- The incumbent will serve as an Inspector responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Oversee, lead, plan, and conduct evaluations and reviews of systemic issues within the Intelligence Community (IC), Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), and national mission centers to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness, identify vulnerabilities, and prevent and detect fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Provide leadership in applying appropriate standards of internal control and qualitative and quantitative analytic methods to assess compliance with Federal law, Executive Orders, Presidential Directives, and internal regulations and policies while balancing risk mitigation and the need for economy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in conducting evaluations, defining data requirements, collecting and analyzing documentary evidence, designing and conducting interviews, and synthesizing information to reach conclusions on the conduct of intelligence activities.
- Lead testing of controls, development and presentation of findings and recommendations in reports and briefings, and follow-up on recommendations.
- Lead the development and presentation of findings and recommendations to ODNI and IC senior leaders regarding actions they should take to address deficiencies identified in evaluations in accordance with standards for the activity being reviewed.
- Oversee and lead the planning, preparation, and presentation of written documents, including reports of reviews and memoranda, to management; and also lead the development and presentation of background material and oral briefings to senior leaders on findings, recommendations and observations reached during reviews.
- Oversee the monitoring and assessment of progress of corrective measures taken by senior ODNI and IC leadership in response to recommendations, and provide expert advice on standards to officials regarding implementation of recommendations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524519600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.