This is a developmental position. At the full performance level, the incumbent serves as a senior financial management specialist with in the Corporate Travel and Charge Card Service (CTCCS). This position reports directly to the Chief of International Travel Services Section within the Operations and International Travel Services Division. As such, you will work closely with and in coordination with the Chief, ITSS, other managers, supervisors, and staff.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Financial Management Specialist/ 16171A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is principally sedentary.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-09. At the GS-09 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-12. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Examines, verifies, and evaluates financial accounts and accounting data and classifies accounting transactions including the verification of the accuracy and completeness of accounting data.
- Reviews the accuracy of transaction entries and control documents or other posting documents.
- Researches, interprets, and verifies accuracy of appropriation and accounting transactions used to process travel
- Reviews routines established for the input of these transactions and evaluates standard procedures to identify improvement opportunities.
- Provides financial advice and performs financial assistance work for internal agency operating programs.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524508400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.