This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program. The Internship Program provides students who are enrolled in or accepted for enrollment in a wide variety of qualifying educational institutions with paid opportunities to work and explore career paths related to their academic fields of study or career interests.Learn more about this agency
This position is with the Department of Energy, Office of Science.
Students will perform a wide variety of duties in the business field designed to meet DOE’s mission and the student's learning objectives.
As a Administrative and Clerical Intern your duties may include:
- Use word processing/spreadsheet software to prepare correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Maintain records and files.
- Collect data and evaluate information.
- Track pending actions to ensure timely completion.
- Assist and provide support on researching legal, financial and regulatory material to obtain factual information or interpretation.
- Prepare charts/presentations based on analytical results received by senior team members.
- Attend meetings and conferences to observe proceedings.
- Monitor the status of accomplishments against established schedules, if necessary identify anticipated problems and initiate simple corrective actions.
As a Communications/Public Affairs Intern your duties may include:
- Perform research and analyze data for actual accuracy.
- Assemble information from various sources.
- Prepare draft articles for newsletters.
- Use internet and other tools to enhance the readability of newsletter articles.
As a Contract Management Intern your duties may include:
- Assist finance or contract site office staff in creating, updating, or reviewing various business documents.
- Perform tasks using Office products (Word, Excel or PowerPoint) .
- Assist in the review of Contractor submissions of proposed procurement actions.
- Assist in the review and provide feedback to improve Contractor budget activities and submissions.
- Provide support to the federal Contract and Finance staff.
As a Accounting Intern your duties may include:
- Receive, review and verify the validity and completeness of budget or financial data, including disbursements and collections
- Enter data into budget/financial system and correct invalid or incorrect entries
- Verify, balance and reconcile detailed supporting documentation, lists, automated records and/or reports
- Assist in the preparation of recurring and special reports
These are the following positions/locations that are being advertised in this announcement:
- Accounting Intern - GS-0599-4/5 -Oak Ridge, TN.
- Contract Specialist Intern - GS-1199-4/5 - Oak Ridge, TN.
- Administrative Intern - GS-399-4 - Upton, NY.
- Administrative Intern - GS-399-4 - Lemont, IL.
- Administrative Intern - GS-399-4 - Warrenville, IL.
- Public Affairs Intern - GS-1099-7 - Washington D.C.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524481500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.