OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
Recruitment and Relocation Incentives may be used for highly qualified candidates
The incumbent will provide comprehensive patient care in the form of invasive, non-invasive, consultative, and inpatient and outpatient gastroenterology patient care at the Charles George VA Medical Center. The incumbent is accountable to the Chief of Gastroenterology section assuring the most effective delivery of care in services within Medical Service.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Consultative input to outpatient and inpatient care, including Hepatitis C therapies.
- Collaborate with midlevel providers and physician colleagues with clear communication and documentation.
- Participates in the educational programs for the section personnel as well as the medical staff.
- Participates in monitoring the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care, both at the section and facility level.
- Attend Gastroenterology team meetings.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and serve as a positive role model to others as all levels of the organization.
- Participate in quality assurance programs and chart reviews.
- Attend Medicine Service monthly staff meetings and COS quarterly meetings as per bylaws.
- Complete medical records in accordance with Bylaw and Rules and Regulations of the Medical staff.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. will participate in after hour on-call duties.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524451800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.