The Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment and Placement) will be assigned to the VA New Jersey Health Care System and will be assigned to the Human Resources office at the VA Medical Center Lyons Campus, 151 Knollcroft Road, Lyons, NJ. The incumbent will have responsibilities of a variety of HR functions and assignments related to staffing and recruiting Title 5, Hybrid Title 38, and Title 38 positions.Learn more about this agency
- Full range of recruitment, staffing, and placement functions to include processes relative to specific Title 38, Hybrid 38, and Title 5 vacancies;
- Conducts job analyses of positions with Subject Matter Experts;
- Selects and utilized appropriate staffing method to fill each position;
- Construct and publish effective vacancy announcements;
- Conduct external recruitment procedures; make contact with recruiting sources such as schools, professional associations, Veterans' organizations, and state employment offices;
- Reviews applications and resumes for all necessary qualifications, ensure adherence to all hiring policies, procedures and regulations;
- Refers qualified applicants to hiring manager and advises management on hiring policies, procedures and regulations;
- Provide guidance on, and interpretation of, VA and POM regulations and policies to bother management and employees;
- Provides training for managers and supervisors concerning staffing and internal responsibilities;
- Address matters related to the human resources field with internal/external persons, providing accurate information and data;
- Adjudicates Veterans Preference and eligibility for special hiring authorities;
- Work with various HR software programs;
- Other duties as assigned.
Telework: May be authorized
Compressed/Flexible Work Schedule: May be authorized
Position Description Title/PD#: Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment & Placement), PD # 7464-A, #7465A
Physical Requirements: This position is primarily sedentary
Promotion Potential: If selected at the GS-9 grade level, the selectee may be promoted to the full performance level (GS-11) without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524445800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.