Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
This position is located within the Deployment and Logistics Division, in Acquisition and Program Management (APM), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as a Deployment Coordinator who oversees the process of deploying checkpoint technology systems throughout U.S. airports. Typical assignments include:
- Providing technical oversight for checkpoint technology deployment systems and installation process. Coordinating the work of the contract Systems Integrators, who perform the integration of equipment into the physical infrastructure of the airports.
- Participating in the evaluation of the overall technology deployment program, providing analyses and recommendations. Planning, coordinating, and conducting projects and studies related to equipment performance over the life cycle.
- Developing and conducting field data collection activities to establish baseline operational performance for aviation technologies and capabilities. Analyzes and evaluates security technology requirements, test results, and operational metrics to determine overall program performance.
- Defining and assessing contract performance, reviewing project invoices, making recommendations. Supporting the Contracting Officer in negotiations of contract modifications on allowable and allocable costs. Contributing to development of Statement of Work and technical requirements, as needed.
- Reviewing proposed legislation, rules and regulations to conduct impact assessment on existing plans and programs and provides recommendations on changes or mitigations.
- Providing APM analysis for reports to TSA senior leadership, Reports to Congress and Questions for the Record. TSA point of contact on security technology deployment projects, programs and other work activities.
Occasional travel - Travel up to 30% will be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524436400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.