About the Position: This position is located within the Department of Security, Physical Security office at the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital in Fort Belvoir, VA. Work requires regular and recurring physical exertion while inspecting areas within a large military treatment facility.Learn more about this agency
This position is restricted to persons entitled to Veterans' Preference; if there are no Veterans' preference eligible applicants available, non-preference applicants may be considered.
- Perform various aspects of protective service work designed to maintain and preserve the peace for the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH).
- Perform motorized and foot patrols in order to detect problem situations and/or conditions.
- Control vehicle and pedestrian traffic at fixed posts per security regulations.
- Conduct preliminary investigations of accidents and crimes and turn reports over to appropriate authorities.
- Exercise and apply a body of established rules, regulations, and legal authorities to enforce specialized personnel access procedures.
- Detect trespassing violations in order to protect and prevent unauthorized access to highly sensitive restricted areas requiring a diverse range of protective responsibilities over federal property, employees, and visitors.
- Work within prescribed limitations on the use of detention authority and the use of force (including weapons) according to circumstances encountered during the performance of duties.
- Maintain a safe and secure facility through compliance with Federal, State, County and municipal laws, ordinances, agency rules, regulations, and applicable policies pertaining to security guard work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524423100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.