If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you.Learn more about this agency
DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs.
- Serves as an Information Assurance Subject Matter Expert for Cyber Security Center
- Conducts detailed analysis of security requirements, security authorization reviews, and assurance case development for the initial installation or modification of systems, software applications, networks
- Participates in the preparation and execution of inspections provided by agencies external to JSP related to any of the systems to which he/she is assigned as it pertains to the Transport Networks
- Reviews authorization and assurance documents to confirm that the level of risk is within acceptable limits for each software application, system, and network
- Develops security documentation as required by the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Manages overall work objectives and coordinates Cybersecurity activities to ensure compliance with published policies and regulations, completion of deadlines, proper execution of functions, and overall efficiency of operations
- Develops, manages, implements, and participates in audit and/or assessments to ensure activity compliance
- Ensures specifications for risk, compliance, and assurance efforts conform to the security, resilience, and dependability requirements at the software application, system, and network environment levels
- Participates in meetings and workgroups addressing Cybersecurity issues. Coordinates with Cybersecurity managers to discuss and resolve Cybersecurity issues and requirements
- Coordinates technical vulnerability testing and network assessments for information systems. Analyzes results and reports findings to senior Cybersecurity personnel
- Acts as a Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR) and conducts surveillance activities on information security related contracts and contractors
- For vacancies filled at less than the full performance level of the position, duties will be developmental in nature
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524367400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.