The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VAMC is seeking a permanent full-time Orthopedic Surgeon to assume a staff position. The facility is seeking candidates with excellent clinical skills and experience in the full range of general orthopedic care including major joint replacement.Learn more about this agency
The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VAMC is seeking a permanent full-time Orthopedic Surgeon to assume a staff position. The facility is seeking candidates with excellent clinical skills and experience in the full range of general orthopedic care including major joint replacement. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct patient care as well as resident supervision and clinical instruction in the operating room, outpatient clinic and inpatient settings
- Follow the Department of Veterans Affairs guidelines established for resident supervision, including those documentation requirements in the electronic patient health care record
- Participate in call coverage
- Maintain professional competency, courtesy and flexibility or provide the necessary services of this specialty.
- Provide surgical treatment for patients with musculoskeletal injuries and diseases, including adult major joint reconstructive services
Work Schedule: M-F 8 AM - 4:30 PM (other times as required); subject to change based on agency needs
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). If selected for this position, you are encouraged to apply for this award program. You must meet specific individual eligibility criteria, in accordance with VA Policy 1021. The award amount is determined after review of a complete EDRP application, supporting documentation, and final approval by the Under Secretary for Health or designated official and is contingent upon award availability.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524363100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.