The position is located in the Architect of the Capitol (AOC), Office of the Chief Operating Officer, Superintendent House Office Buildings, Assistant Superintendent, Facilities Support Division. The incumbent serves as a Facilities Operations Specialist responsible for the identification and management of maintenance tasks required in the House Office Buildings, primarily in the Ford House Office Building and the O’Neill House Office Building. Core hours 6:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.Learn more about this agency
Oversight of Contractor Operations
- Serves as the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR). Manages projects covering all crafts, trades and services. Oversees the preparation of contract specifications, surveillance plans, payment schedules and technical evaluation plans. Interprets contract specifications in regular dealings with contractors and customers. Witnesses and certifies for the government the technical acceptance of equipment and services provided by contractors.
- Initiates inspection test procedures, contract modifications and standards checklists for evaluating contractor procedures and operations. Applies statistical sampling techniques to obtain and validate data. Uses evaluation methods which provide a systematic and equitable review and basis for determining acceptability or non-acceptability of performance. Evaluates the contractor's quality control system as incorporated into terms of the contract.
- Reviews all work performed through completed work orders. Ensures adequacy and progress of work are commensurate with contract requirements. Justifies monetary adjustments in payments as required. Maintains contact with contractor personnel to exchange factual data, to secure cooperation in correcting deficiencies and to examine and evaluate contractor performance. Recommends solutions to problems and attempts to reach agreement on controversial issues with the CO.
Facility Maintenance Operations
- Serves as advisor to the Assistant Superintendent for all issues related to facilities management, operations and maintenance, reliability-centered maintenance, continuous commissioning, utilities management and quality assurance and maintenance contract compliance.
- Develops and implements plans for performance of preventive maintenance, scheduled and unscheduled work and facility sustainment. Confers with building occupants and their representatives on their requirements and the status of ongoing or near-term maintenance activities. Regularly confers with service and material suppliers on the status of activities and deliverables.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of the Ford and O’Neill Buildings, their utilities and grounds. Coordinates maintenance, repair and construction projects with customers as the representative of the Assistant Superintendent.
- Reviews and analyzes proposed and ongoing facility construction and alteration projects. Initiates action for correction or improvements as needed. Serves as a technical expert for the Facilities Support Division. Furnishes technical suggestions and advice on equipment projects.
- Studies operational requirements, development plans and reports, operations and maintenance requirements, contractor plans and reports and other references to become thoroughly familiar with the background and status of major utility systems within the Ford and O’Neill Buildings.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of facility-related operating functions to identify critical issues and determine how they may be resolved and accomplished and to determine facility and customer support requirements.
- Initiates and recommends program or procedural changes to improve performance. Notes weaknesses or likely failures encountered and their probable causes. Recommends or implements modifications and or corrections. Determines suitability and adaptability of all program aspects.
- Conducts conferences with customers to establish organization priorities in order to prepare program budgets. Assures that projects, plans and programs comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and limitations and interprets available written guidance to ensure work classification compliance with budget and accounting requirements.
- Recommends options for preventive maintenance and major maintenance including approaches to be used.
- Develops and implements a program to manage recurring work such as repetitive service calls. Publishes guidance to building occupants for providing notification of recurring services and requesting unscheduled services.
Coordination of Facility Maintenance Operations
- Develops schedules for work within the Ford and O’Neill Buildings and coordinates these schedules with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with building occupant representatives to identify, obtain approval of and schedule user requested work within the Ford and O’Neill Buildings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524358100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.