This position is located within the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Office of Information Security, Security Operations, Information Security Risk Management (ISRM). You will serve as an Information Technology (IT) Specialist with an Information Security (InfoSec) specialty. You will provide risk management functions and capabilities used in the Department's Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) office.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
Position will be located at a VA Facility - Location to be determined upon selection.
Work Schedule: Fulltime Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Available
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Infosec)/17907A GS-13, 17906A GS-14
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and to attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Some
employees may carry light items, such as papers, books, or small parts, or drive a motor vehicle. The work does not require any special physical effort.
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-14. At the GS-13 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-14. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security, programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
- Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations' visions and goals.
- Conduct systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
- Provide advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
- Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524347200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.