What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
This attorney position will focus on Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and providing advice and guidance to the Office of the Solicitor in regards to FOIA.
As an Attorney-Adviser (General) within the Office of the Solicitor, Division of Administration, located in Washington, DC , some of your specific duties will include:
- Overseeing the intake of highly complex Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests; determines level of requirements, provides guidance on release and/or redaction requirements;
- Reviewing and analyzing requests for applicability under FOIA;
- Provides advice and guidance to attorneys throughout the Office on applicability of requests, policies and procedures;
- Monitors the entire life-cycle of the FOIA request to ensure thoroughness, accuracy, and completeness of actions;
- Composing a variety of written correspondence and maintains a complete and accurate case file of records;
- Prepares and organizes FOIA summaries, reports, and statistical analyses, and provides input and recommended changes leading to the successful resolution of complex FOIA matters;
- Establishing Office processes and procedures regarding the intake, research, data retrieval, and final disposition of FOIA requests;
- Reviewing and interpreting new legislation, recent court decisions, Congressional initiatives, Department of Justice issuances, etc., and providing on application of FOIA to the Department’s myriad functions;
- This position requires strong research skills and ability to effectively communicate both orally and written.
Occasional travel - Mostly local travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524281500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.