About the Position: This position is located in the Ft. Belvoir Community Hospital Emergency Department, which operates 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week, consists of 29-beds, and provides care for patients of all ages across a wide spectrum from trauma or moderate emergencies to minor illnesses and injuries. Applicants should be available to work on any shift, weekends, holidays, etc.Learn more about this agency
Position is being filled using EHA - Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
- As a Health Technician (Paramedic), you will respond to emergencies involving injuries, illnesses and life threatening situations.
- Upon arrival to the scene, you will evaluate the scene to ensure patients and responders safety.
- Conduct a preliminary assessment of the number of patient's, the severity of patient's condition, and immediately complete an examination to determine the seriousness of the patient's condition in order to prioritize treatment.
- Compile information on patients in order to brief emergency room physician on their injuries, and relays the conditions of the patient via radio prior to transporting to medical facility.
- Work involves extended periods of heavy moving and lifting of patients or assisting in the evacuation of victims from entrapment.
- Work requires recurring bending, lifting, stooping, stretching and positioning of patients, frequently under adverse conditions, or in confined surroundings.
- Work is performed in all types of weather conditions (e.g. outdoors and/or extreme humidity).
- Work is subject to various risks and discomforts at the scene of accidents, to include the possibility of noxious fumes and dangerous substances.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524277600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.