VACANCY INFORMATION AND AVAILABLE CAREER FIELDS:
- DLA Distribution Services at New Cumberland (Susquehanna) Pennsylvania - Student Trainee (Electronic Industrial Controls Mechanic Helper), WG-3 Target WG-12; 3 Full-Time/Part-time, Permanent positions which require Non-Sensitive security clearance
- As a Student Trainee, you will actively participate in on-the-job training and progressively challenging assignments that relate to your academic program, career goals, and the needs of the agency.
- Physical Effort:? The work requires standing, stooping, and kneeling.? The employee is required to be able to reach, climb, work at various heights, and exert physical effort carrying varying weights (not to exceed 45 pounds) for short distances
- Working Conditions: Assigned duties are normally performed in well lighted, adequately heated/ventilated buildings.? Employee, on occasion, may be required to work in unheated areas or outdoors.
- Duties include exposure to moving machinery, electrical hazards, cleaning and preservative chemicals, fumes, odors, dust, noise, etc.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 16 years of age.
- Must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree-seeking student.
- Must be taking at least half-time course load, as defined by your school.
- Remain in good academic standing in accordance with Participant Agreement.
- Selective Service Requirements: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Transcript must state major, earned credit hours, and cumulative GPA.
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Security Requirements: Non-Sensitive
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Drug Testing Designated Position: No
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This positions is not telwork eligible.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
To qualify you must meet the eligibility and education requirements. Your qualifications are evaluated based upon your total amount of COMPLETED education.
- Students must be a citizen of the United States or lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident or otherwise authorized to be employed.
- Current students enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate. Students must be taking at least half-time course load, as defined by your school and remain in good academic standing in accordance with the Pathways Participant Agreement.
- Certificate programs must meet the following definition provided by the Office of Personnel Management: ''post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.'' Candidates seeking a degree in the following programs of study are preferred:
- Electrical Technology (EL)
- Electromechanical Maintenance Technology (MT)
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology (MH)
- Reliability and Dependability (Screen Out Element)
**You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Your transcripts must indicate a passing grade to be creditable towards the required hours. Unless otherwise stated, unofficial transcripts are acceptable at time of application.
GRADUATE EDUCATION: One academic year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credits hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) should be considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full-time graduate study.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university.
Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
Salary Information: The hourly rate range for the positions/grades to be filled are as follows:
WG-03 $16.46 - $19.18
(Hourly rates are base pay only and do NOT include locality pay. Actual rate will depend on the geographical location of the position.) ** Please note: Most student positions will be filled at the entry level which is represented by the lower end of the rate ranges.
Reemployed Annuitants: This position does not meet criteria for appointment of Reemployed Annuitants. The DoD criteria for hiring Reemployed Annuitants can be found at: http://www.esd.whs.mil/Portals/54/Documents/DD/issuances/140025/1400.25-V300.pdf
INFORMATION FOR VETERANS is available at: http://www.dla.mil/Careers/Programs/veterans.aspx
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has established a Drug-Free Federal Workplace Policy. All applicants tentatively selected for DLA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with DLA for a period of six months. This policy extends to random testing for the use of illegal drugs by employees who occupy testing designated positions defined as sensitive in Section 7(d) of Executive Order 12564. The Defense Logistics Agency's Drug Free Workplace Plan's drug testing panel includes testing for the following illegal substances: marijuana, cocaine, opiates (codeine/morphine), 6-Acetylmorphine (heroin), phencyclidine, amphetamines (amphetamine/methamphetamine), methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, and hydromorphone.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine if you are qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be evaluated and reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements outlined above.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position you must provide a complete Application Package. Each Application Package MUST include:
- Resume: Listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment, duties performed, and your anticipated graduation date. If multiple resumes are submitted by an applicant, only the last resume submitted will be reviewed for the qualifications and referred for selection consideration if eligible.
- TRANSCRIPTS AND/OR PROOF OF ENROLLMENT: Unofficial transcripts are required to verify current degree program, successfully completed course work, and cumulative GPA. Your transcripts MUST clearly identify your major, earned credit hours, and cumulative GPA. If you are changing schools and only have an acceptance letter from the new school, you are required to provide transcripts from your previous school along with the acceptance letter from the school you will attend. If your transcripts do not state your major and degree program, you must submit a letter on school letterhead identifying your major and degree program. If selected, official transcripts will be required. Note: If you are a recent graduate, you must also show proof of enrollment in another degree or certificate program to be considered.
- CURRENT CLASS SCHEDULE: You must submit your current class schedule to verify you are taking at least half-time course load. If current term has been completed, you must provide your class schedule for the next enrolled term.
- OCCUPATIONAL QUESTIONNAIRE: This is to be completed online. Make sure you click the "Submit My Answers" button at the end of the questionnaire.
NOTE: If you fail to provide the above listed documents, your application package will be considered incomplete and you will be found ineligible.
VETERANS: If you are eligible for veterans preference you must indicate the type of preference you are claiming. All veterans must submit a DD-214 (Member Copy 4). If claiming 10-point preference, you must also submit an SF-15 and any other proof that you are eligible for 10-point preference. If you are currently on active duty, you must submit an official statement of service from your command or other official documentation that proves your military service was performed under honorable conditions. **The "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
Agency contact information
DLA PaCE POC
3990 E Broad Street
Bldg 11 Section 9
Columbus, OH 43213
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualifications requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review may be completed of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. Applicants that are found among the most highly qualified may be referred to the hiring official for consideration, and you will receive a notification of referral. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and as part of the selection process, applicants may be required to complete additional supplemental documents. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision. If interviews are conducted, DLA uses a technique called Behavior Based Interviewing (BBI).
Be sure to check your USA Jobs account for your notification updates. Due to the high volume of applicants, it may take a week to receive notification of referral.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524252500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.