The primary role of the VJO Senior Social Worker (SW) is to be a liaison between the VA and the justice system for VHA eligible, criminal justice involved Veterans.Learn more about this agency
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing eligibility of justice involved Veterans for VA services.
- Initiating and supporting Veterans Treatment Courts in Cheyenne and Northern Colorado.
- Developing a network of community based contacts and resources to assist and support the Veterans through the legal system, and back into society.
- Collaborating with VA providers and coordinating appropriate services through the VA medical, and Mental Health programs.
- Providing education and training to law enforcement personnel (including the VA Police Force) regarding issues pertinent to Veterans.
- Conducting inreach to jails and incarcerated Veterans to educate justice personnel and Veterans about VJO services.
- Documenting (CPRS), record keeping, monitoring, and evaluating (NEPEC) the VJO activities.- Identify, assist, and enroll eligible Veterans into the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) system.
- Providing direct service, compliance feedback, assessments, and case management for Veterans who are involved in treatment programs.
- Functioning as a member of the court treatment teams to provide appropriate interventions for Veterans by linking clients to VA and non-VA services.
- Participating in VJO training, communication groups, and other VA programs to enhance skills and understanding of the VJO functions.
- Providing crisis intervention when indicated including evaluation, assessment, triage, initiation of/support in Emergency Detention procedures, and disposition of patients experiencing behavioral health emergencies.
- Attending Mental Health Staff meetings and any other mandatory meetings regularly.
- The incumbent will be expected to be physically and/or telework available from various VA and non-VA locations within the Cheyenne VA catchment area; may provide Tele-Mental Health services.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
76% or greater - You are expected to travel frequently for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524241600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.