The incumbent serves as a Systems Integrator for the Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Demand Management Office (DMO) , Capacity and Performance Engineering (CPE), Engineering Division. Provides central engineering services and management of a technical framework promoting one technology vision. across the VA.Learn more about this agency
This is a virtual position that must be placed in a VA facility. Site to be determined after a selection is made.
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs
Work Schedule: M-F 8am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: May be available with supervisor approval
Telework: May be available with supervisor approval
Virtual: This is not a virtual position..
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist / 02535-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work may require some physical efforts,such as standing, walking, bending or sitting. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective actions and solutions to to unexpected technical and/or management crisis resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a video display terminal.
- Designs, develops, and implements integrated systems solutions and products in an enterprise testing environment.
- Provides mastery expertise in design implementation, and operational management hardware/software environments utilizing disparate systems and technologies.
- Provides mastery expertise regarding integration of legacy systems and applications built using service oriented methodologies.
- Provides mastery expertise regarding advanced specialty disciplines such as assembly/integration, cross-discipline, functions, data engineering industry expertise, knowledge engineering, legacy evolution, or system infrastructure.
- Provides mastery expertise regarding business operations and industry technology trends to assess and recommend appropriate technologies to align with organizational objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel occasionally for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524241400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.