The ENT Department staff surgeon reports to the Chief, ENT Section, Surgical Service. A staff surgeon routinely performs outpatient and inpatient ENT surgery examinations, determines diagnoses, and initiates treatments based on ENT surgery education and standards of care. The staff ENT surgeon serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees. (S)He will train/supervise medical/podiatry students, surgical/podiatry residents, and mid-level providers (NP, PA).Learn more about this agency
The ENT surgeon will be responsible for clinical and administrative duties. The individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Diagnose and treat medical and surgical disorders using the most appropriate technique in providing quality of care.
- Responsible for initial evaluation and overall work ups, history and physicals, and admissions of ENT surgery patients as needed.
- Supervise residents from Phoenix Integrated Surgical Residency Program, the Mayo Clinic and other training programs, as well as medical students from University of Arizona and Podiatry students and residents who rotate through the ENT Surgical Service.
- Required to participate in all surgical/quality performance improvement initiatives as appropriate.
- Required to participate in ENT surgery night call and perform emergency surgical procedures.
- Responsible for providing patients with education concerning their disease state and treatment regiment.
- Complete all electronic, clinical, daily charting and documentation.
The ENT surgeon will report administratively and clinically to the Chief of ENT, Head and Neck Surgery.
Work Schedule: To be determined by Service Chief
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524231700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.