You will serve as a EXPLOSIVES SAFETY SPECIALIST in the OPERATIONS DIVISION of NAS PATUXENT RIVER.Learn more about this agency
- You will review complex research, development and testing explosive safety plans/programs while developing instructions and procedures that establish technical training and administrative ammunition and explosives (AE) safety requirements.
- You will ensure that detailed periodic inspections, assessments, and surveys of the installation, facilities, equipment, and operations takes place and identify deficiencies and non-compliance within each program.
- You will evaluate a variety of complex and unconventional AE safety problems or circumstances and apply applicable training methods and procedures for controlling, mitigating or eliminating specific hazards.
- You will develop, via formal written endorsement, requests for event waivers, Chief of Naval Operations waivers, exemptions, and Secretarial Certifications concerning explosives safety deviations.
- You will provide the administration, planning, organization, coordination and development of explosives ordnance safety programs.
- You will ensure protective construction, including design calculations for grounding and lightning protection, associated blast design calculations, and other pertinent technical information is in compliance with the Unified Facilities Criteria.
- You will advise key leaders of the prescribed courses of action affecting AE transportation, storage, handling operations, work processes, human machine relationships, and environmental conditions which impact the safety and efficiency of personnel.
- You will develop technical explosives safety training and instruction to installation employees, and/or unit explosives safety representatives on a wide range of work operations areas
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524215100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.