The Chief National Guard Bureau (CNGB) serves as a military Advisor to the President, Secretary of Defense, National Security Council and is the Department of Defense's official channel of communication to the Governors' and State Adjutants General on all matter pertaining to the National Guard. He ensures that the more than 453,000 Army and Air National Guard personnel are accessible, capable and ready to protect the homeland and to provide combat ready resources to the Army and Air Force.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the principal advisor to NGB leadership regarding information technology (IT) investments and Chief Information Office (CIO)-related statutory and regulatory requirements. This includes developing strategy and plans to manage emerging National Guard (NG) IT issues or emerging mission requirements that are applicable throughout the NG and that conforms to the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996, DoD directives and military service regulations.
- Develops, coordinates and oversees the CIO executive Council that is responsible for providing governance and IT reform to the National Guard and its 54 Joint Forces Headquarters (JFHQs).
- Develops, implements, and oversees integrated policies, objectives, and programs to effectively plan, manage and control the NG IT programs and related resources, including near, mid, and long-term planning, cost effectiveness and alignment with DoD service and NGB strategic goals.
- Evaluates current and proposed legislation and conducts research and analysis to implement policies and proposals related to NG and its 54 JFHQs mission requirements.
- Leads and organizes appropriately skilled technology teams to examine and test both legacy systems and new initiatives, thereby ensuring investments in new capabilities that will address rapid changes in technology or identified gaps in mission related IT capabilities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524129400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.