About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.Learn more about this agency
This is a Permanent Position.
- Review plans and specifications to identify conflicts and ambiguities.
- Evaluate contractor change requests and negotiate contract modifications.
- Exercise judgment in decisions that often require considerable interpretation of current regulations and guidelines.
- Participate in or lead construction conferences with contractors, customers, and USACE personnel.
- Recommend work assignments for USACE Quality Assurance personnel.
- Perform and direct inspections of construction operations for compliance with specification and intent of design
- Act as primary staff advisor to the Resident Engineer on assigned projects.
- Review engineer or architect plans and specifications to ensure contract specifications are being met.
- Furnish information on current contract progress to Resident Engineer and others.
- Identify issues in current construction projects and offer resolutions; review and provide analysis of contractor's construction schedules and plans; review engineer or architect plans.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524126900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.