The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is defined as Fort Greely and surrounding communities within 150 miles of the installation. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at Child and Youth Services in Fort Greely, AK!
Incumbent is entitled to 5.30% Cost of Living Allowance.
For more information, please see the position description.
- Serves as a team leader for program staff with responsibility for the operation and program in accordance with applicable regulations in one or more CY programs. Maintains control of and accounts for the whereabouts and safety of children and youth.
- Supervises children and youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities and on field trips, outings, and special events.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children and youth. Prepares and implements program options for children and youth with special requirements.
- Instructs team members in specific tasks and job techniques; makes available written instructions, reference materials, and supplies.
- Completes training requirements using approved OSD and Service materials to include designated training modules. Ensures compliance with law, policies, and regulations applicable to DoD CY programs.
- Acts as manager in non-routine or emergency situations for purposes of opening or closing facility when 15 or fewer children or youth are present.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524124700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.