This position is located in the Network Infrastructure Operations, IT Operations and Services, Office of Information and Technology (OI&T) serving as a Senior IT Specialist responsible for the full range of duties associated with one or more IT specialty areas required to support: WIDE AREA NETWORKING.Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
- Conduct assessments utilizing various monitoring tools to ensure proper WAN operation, efficiency and security.
- Perform troubleshooting, maintenance and other configuration changes in the region WAN environment.
- Plan for and implement new technologies to augment and enhance WAN operation in support of critical applications and business processes.
- Research, tests, and plans for the integration of new information technologies.
- Analyze plans, policies, programs and directives to determine requirements, life-cycle management to determine support and replacement resource requirements.
Virtual: *This is a virtual position that must be placed in a VA facility. Nation-wide location to be determined after selection.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/10065-A/10066-A
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying, moving (up to 50 pounds) components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Subject to call back outside tour of duty.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level. This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds. Promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
*Washington, DC is not available as a work site.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524086200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.