The position is at the full performance level located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), at the Tibor Rubin VA Medical Center (VAMC) in the Medicine & Inpatient Health Care Group (MIHCG). The primary purpose of the Administrative Support Assistant is to support the operations of Chaplain Service by performing a variety of administrative support functions and providing decedent affairs assistance to patient families.Learn more about this agency
The duties of the Administrative Support Assistant (OA) may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides general administrative support including the acquisition, maintenance, and renovation of space, equipment, and supplies.
- Gathers information for, and completes procurement packages to secure supplies, equipment, and services.
- Communicates with stakeholders both within the Chaplain Service, and outside organizations such as Logistics Management and Network Contracting Activity.
- Ensures that procurement packages that are submitted are processed and supplies, equipment and services are procured for the service within appropriate timelines.
- Maintains current knowledge of acquisition policy and procedure, and in addition be a VA purchase card holder, and maintain certification as a VA Contracting Officer's Representative (COR).
- Responsible for the coordination and facilitation of Chaplain Service Human Resource activities.
- Performs general office work and support tasks. Including the preparation, composition, and review of correspondence for the purpose of obtaining of supplying information.
- Answers telephone calls and questions, files new and revised materials, and prepares periodic reports when requested.
- Maintains time and attendance records and reports by accurately recording tour of duty information from bi-weekly time schedules into employee timecards for assigned Time & Leave units within Chaplain Service.
- Handles all administrative details death cases including determining eligibility and counseling families on death benefits, preparation of all necessary paperwork, and release of monies, valuables, and personal effects.
- Researches all sources to determine legal next-of- kin.
- Assists the funeral home in obtaining payment for services rendered.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Support Assistant (OA)~/ 110780
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524006800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.