This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary - Indian Affairs, Deputy Assistant Secretary - Management, Office of Human Capital Management in Reston, Virginia. The incumbent will have delegated authority for full administrative and technical responsibility for the overall integration, management, and supervision of human resources service programs and related activities.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, directs, evaluates and administers staffing, classification, employee relations and performance management in an HR operations office for client organizations.
- Provides daily administrative and technical supervision and direction of the Human Resources Staff consisting of Human Resources Specialists, Human Resources Assistants, and support staff.
- Oversees and directs all HR operations, including implementing the IA Merit Promotion Plan; managing competitive examining, classification; and advising management regarding grievances, disciplinary and adverse actions, and performance management.
- Develops personnel policy and operations procedures pertaining to staffing and recruitment, classification and position management, employee relations and performance management.
- Reviews work processes to ascertain their level of efficiency and effectiveness, and leads reengineering efforts that result in developing new and improved systems or processes.
- Performs the full range of supervisory duties.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523999100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.