This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-6. At the GS-5 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-6.Learn more about this agency
Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
These positions are located within the Consolidated Patient Account Centers (CPAC) in Las Vegas, NV. The CPAC is a regionally consolidated business entity established to increase revenue with VHA using an industry best model built on regional management of key aspects of the revenue cycle, process standardization, accountability and economies of scale for several Veterans Integrated Service Networks. The CPAC provides a broad range of business services in support of VA Medical Center operations within multiple VISNs that include billing, collections pharmacy claims processing, accounts receivable management, customer service, financial and performance reporting, patient access, insurance identification and verification and quality assurance.
- Provides timely, accurate, and complete responses to customer inquiries using a variety of communication methods including telephone and written correspondence.
- Makes determinations as to the correct course of remedy and eligibility for copayment charge adjustments, and performs corresponding accounting adjustments.
- Processes and validates first party refunds, and validates the demographic information of the customer to ensure the receipt of any resulting refund.
- Ensures that all pertinent information is gathered and entered into automated systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of the billing level adjustment, remedy and correction actions, and overall resolution of 1st party co-payment debt.
- Collects, compiles and/or tracks data for the preparation of statistical, financial and/or administrative reports on an ad hoc or recurring basis.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523964900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.