This position is in the Office of the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (OCFAO) of the International Trade Administration (ITA) and serves as the Director, Knowledge Management (KM) a component of the OCFAO. The incumbent reports to the Deputy Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (DCFAO) and serves as the Director and as a Senior Advisor to the OCFAO senior leadership on KM portfolio.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of the work is to lead, direct, and manage, the long-range planning for, and day-to-day operations of the Knowledge Management needs of the ITA by collaborating with business units, coordinating, capturing, and maintaining important knowledge from across the agency. The KM Director exercises independent judgment in identifying, developing, implementing, evaluating, and promoting tools to advance the agency’s KM program. Provides KM direction and leadership to ITA’s workforce in headquarters and the U.S. and internal fields to maximize efficiency and strengthen knowledge creation and sharing in support of achieving strategic goals of the organization and mission of the agency.
- Provides Knowledge Management (KM) direction and leadership to ITA’s workforce in headquarters and the U.S. and international fields to maximize efficiency and strengthen knowledge creation and sharing in support of achieving the strategic goals of the organization and the mission of the agency.
- Leads agency-wide knowledge management efforts to identify knowledge needs for the agency and to build and maintain a knowledge management framework to connect people to one another and to the knowledge and information needed to achieve results for the office, the business unit, and the agency-at-large.
- The incumbent has broad responsibilities for managing the long-range planning for, and day-to-day operations of KM program. For example: projects include but are not limited to business process analysis, internal control reviews, organizational analyses and knowledge KM improvement.
- Performs the full range of supervisory responsibilities e.g., recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and providing developmental activities for a professional staff of analysts and specialist.
- Collaborates with business units to coordinate, capture, and maintain knowledge from across the agency.
- Recruiting, managing, and developing a professional staff of analysts and specialist.
- Conducts mid-year and end-of –year performance reviews; recommends employees for appropriate recognition; career development, training and development activities.
- Provides direct guidance to, and conducts work planning for the KM office (including preparation of project plans, setting goals, objectives, deadlines, and monitoring progress); recommends changes in staffing and resource allocations to the OCFAO and DCFAO.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523952000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.