About the Position: About the Position: Fort Meade is located almost midway between the cities of Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC and is home to approximately 10,000 military personnel along with about 25,000 civilian employees. Approximately 6,000 family members reside on post. Fort Meade is virtually a city in itself, with a modern exchange mall, a commissary, state of the art fitness centers, historical library, RV Park and much more. Web Site: www.ftmeade.army.milLearn more about this agency
- Provide technical guidance to lower grade employees and assists in preparation of statements of work for all types of contracts.
- Oversee inspection of completed services, and notifies contracting officer and contractor of violations and deficiencies noted.
- Develop surveillance techniques, plans, and procedures to use in inspecting the operation of functions under contract to determine efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee the development and implementation of all branch Quality Assurance activities including Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans and Construction Performance Inspection Reports.
- Prepare technical provisions for statements of work and develops cost estimates.
- Develop resource management plans for funding of recurring and one time maintenance repair and construction needs.
- Project Manager, responsible for developing plans and designs for a variety of projects of considerable scope and complexity.
- Complete evaluations for incoming work requests to include field investigation, preliminary definition of work scope, and government estimates.
- Request assignment of work to Procurement Technicians and a Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) as required to accomplish the mission.
- Confer with contractor on-site superintendents and managers on work sequence, changes to and/or non-compliance with original plans and specifications and acceptability of workmanship and materials.
- Conduct site visits with prospective bidders; explaining nature of work to be performed, job plans and specifications and applicable policies and procedures.
- Recommend distributions and balancing of workload
- Serve as Lead Engineering Technician overseeing the work of Quality Assurance Evaluators
- Analyze contractor bids to assure sufficient coverage of work to be accomplished and is in reasonable alignment with the locally developed estimate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523943100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.