The Department of Housing and Urban Development is the nation's housing agency committed to strengthening the Nation's housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the need for quality affordable rental homes; utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; and build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) for the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Its principal offices are located in the District of Columbia. The Office of the Chief Information Officer enables delivery of agency programs, services, and management processes by providing high-quality information technology (IT) solutions and services.
The Chief Information Security Officer serves as the Chief Information Officer's designated Senior Agency Information Security Officer with responsibilities to develop and maintains the Department's Cyber Security Management Program. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Providing oversight of Departmental cyber security contracts and high-level enterprise-wide procurements impacting the security of the HUD enterprise such as enterprise license agreements and security lines of business procurements.
- Ensuring the agency has trained personnel sufficient to assist the agency in securing the agency's information assets and comply with all statutory requirements and regulations.
- Ensuring the agency Chief Information Officer and senior agency officials are provided with current and timely cyber security threat and vulnerability in formation to enable the agency to prepare for, detect and respond to cyber attacks.
- Serving as the senior advisor to agency line management to ensure agency Program Office oversight, compliance and accountability with the agency's Cyber Security Management Program.
- Providing senior management with guidance, and expert advice in developing, promoting, and maintaining cyber security controls and performance measures to adequately and cost effectively protect all cyber critical infrastructure including classified and unclassified information systems and national security systems.
- Establishing Departmental cyber security policy, standards, and guidelines in accordance with federal law and regulations.
- Providing expert advice, recommendations, and representation to senior HUD management levels in areas for which the Cyber Security Office is responsible and maintains liaison with key personnel in the field, officials from other agencies and industry personnel to assure implementation of appropriate Departmental cyber security policies, guidelines, and implementation of enhanced Departmental information security practices.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523939900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.