The ideal candidate for this position will be experienced performing one or more of the following grants management functions: awarding & administration; reviewing & evaluating adequacy of applications; or policies & procedures. This position starts at a salary of $55,909 (GS-09), with promotion potential to $81,677 (GS-12 grade level). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 1 team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as a Grants Management Specialist performing work that involves implementing and managing Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) grant programs and providing related technical assistance and services. Typical assignments include:
- Reviewing and evaluating grant applications to determine awardee eligibility using financial, administrative, business and negotiation procedures (including but not limited to formulas, methodology, eligibility criteria);
- Conducting risk assessment of HMA grant recipients for all open grant awards and prepares fiscal year monitoring schedule in compliance with the requirements of FEMA Grant Programs Directorate monitoring plan;
- Conducting on-site technical assistance visits and/or coordinates training opportunities for grant;
- Negotiating terms and conditions of HMA grant awards, such as plans, estimates, cost schedules and oversight responsibilities. The incumbent prepares final award package to include award letter; and
- Reviewing and processing requests for amendments throughout the period of performance (POP), requests for extensions, signatory or point of contact (POC) changes, budget changes, de-obligating funds and/or awarding additional funds.
Promotion Potential: Future promotions will be dependent on your ability to perform the duties at a higher level, the continuing need for an employee assigned to the higher level, and administrative approval.
25% or less - Occasional travel of 25% or less
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523936200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.