The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for U.S. Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a 30 mile radius of West Point, NY (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)Learn more about this agency
This position is located at the West Point Club.
- Prepares and cooks a variety of menu items. Working alone or with the assistant of a higher-grade cook or supervisor, prepares a variety of foods and desserts according to menu requirements. Adjusts recipes for larger or smaller quantities.
- Follows recipes to prepare items such as soups, stews, casseroles, gravies, sauces, hot cereals, meatloaf, meatballs, croquettes. Roasts variety of meats such as beef, pork, lamb, veal, fish and poultry. Grills, deep fries, broils and steams foods.
- Apportions foods for family style servings as well as for plate service. Prepares vegetables, cold food platters, eggs in a variety of ways, French toast, pancakes and crepes. Checks food for appropriate preparation, temperature, and packaging.
- Follows health and safety precautions to ensure safe preparation and storage of food items. Picks up items for menu rotation, rotating food inventories as appropriate. Takes inventory to determine ordering requirements.
- Operates kitchen equipment designed to cook and mix food items. Uses, cleans and maintains power kitchen equipment. Keeps working area clean in accordance with standard sanitation requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523909400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.