DUTY STATION WILL DEPEND ON THE LOCATION OF THE SELECTEE. INDIVIDUAL MAY BE ASSIGNED TO ALEXANDRIA, NEWPORT NEWS, NORFOLK or RICHMOND.Learn more about this agency
For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
Serves as the United States Attorney's Office (USAO) Contracting Officer, exercising a delegation of authority to contract for a variety of services, supplies, and equipment. In addition, provides a variety of administrative support services in such areas as purchasing, budget, space management, internal controls, reproduction services, forms management, and communication services. Conducts management analytical studies and analysis of assigned program areas. Typical work assignments will include:
- Responsible for both pre-award and post-award actions for the acquisition of complex professional services and equipment requirements for the USAO.
- Reviews requisitions and determines the appropriate method of procurement; contract type; formal advertising; or, other means adhering to appropriate policy, procedures, and processes.
- Develops procurement plans by reviewing market conditions, specifications, and technical requirements.
- Prepares Statement of Work or Statement of Objectives, and other documents necessary to insure all appropriate specifications are clear prior to a formal solicitation process.
- Evaluates proposals, unsolicited proposals, and other bid documents.
- Drafts final contract documents, including specifications, packing and shipping requirements, inspection instruction, and all other special and standard contract clauses.
- Performs an in-depth analysis of support services budget requests, employing techniques such as cost-benefit analysis, program trade-offs, and alternative approaches to funding.
- Plans and procures support services and equipment, printing, reproduction, publications, word processing, furniture, property management, office supplies, and law library information.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523892000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.