The Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to serve as an IT Specialist (INFOSEC).Learn more about this agency
This Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) may be used to fill other IT Specialist (INFOSEC), GS-2210-14 positions within the FRTIB in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
The major duties of the position are:
- Provides authoritative guidance related to the FRTIB IT security program and security incident response management.
- Reviews forensics to assess impact of incidents to operational services and devises mitigation strategies.
- Supports oversight activities of the Security Operations Center (SOC) as a member of the Threat Mitigation and Incident Response team.
- Oversees security incident response activities and remediation efforts.
- Supports the management team by conducting detailed reviews of audit requirements to make certain the agency is able to collect and store an appropriate level of audit logs for forensic review and investigative activities.
- Ensures chain of custody requirements are followed during forensic analysis.
- Supports security activities that require the agency to respond to alerts, advisories, and anomalous activities to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IT systems and data.
- Promotes awareness of security issues among management to ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision, goals, and security best practices.
- Conducts evaluations of security tools to facilitate comprehensive reviews of enterprise systems.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders (external and internal partners) to ensure the agency maintains an effective channel of communications to adequately address potential and real threats.
- Develops incident response policies and procedures..
- Develops strategic recommendations for management to integrate security best practices associated with incident response and network preventive and defensive measures.
- Ensures agency procedures and policies are followed to manage and oversee activities associated with security events and incidents.
- Assists in the development of key metrics, reports, and dashboards to provide senior management a comprehensive picture of the network's security posture.
- Effectively oversees the development, management, and storage of all reports related to security events, incidents and investigative analyses.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523888100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.