What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
- The government-wide direct hire authority for STEM occupations is being used to fill this position.
- Salary: $81,332 (Step 01) to $105,731 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
There is one vacancy; however, this announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they become available.Learn more about this agency
As a Statistician within the Western Ecological Research Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Design, management, and execution of complex studies and investigations concerning biological, chemical, and physical processes that affect wildlife communities and ecosystems.
- Plans, organizes, and implements biological investigations that affect wildlife resources and their habitats.
- Develops and programs complex statistical models for testing scientific hypotheses using likelihood-based, information theoretic, and Bayesian approaches.
- Develops 2-D and 3-D models for animal movement, particularly Bobcats and Golden eagles in relation to landscape variables, transient resource availability, and sympatric competitors.
- Builds and programs simulation models to test the effectiveness of data collection and analysis methods for the purpose of optimizing study and monitoring program design.
- Actively writes proposals for ecological investigations addressing fundamental questions in population and/or landscape ecology.
- Writes quantitative manuscripts to peer reviewed journals with emphasis on answering fundamental questions in population and landscape ecology.
- Operates motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel away from home is required up to 1-5 nights per month.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523860000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.