You will serve as a Deputy Director in the Strategy, Planning and Functional Integration Directorate of the DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the Director's principal assistant for directing, coordinating, supervising, and training the staff, as well as, providing advice and support to the Director.
- You will lead, direct, and synchronize the efforts of the subordinate organizations to align with the mission and goals of the Directorate to promote the effective and efficient function of the Directorate.
- You will provide sound judgment and expert technical advice and assistance, while making final decisions affecting and establishing policies governing the Strategy, Planning and Functional Integration Directorate (J-5).
- You will work in close collaboration with the Director, the Directorate's Division Chiefs, and Business Operations officials.
- You will ensure the continuity of operations, planning and administering programs and activities, setting overall policies, objectives, time frames and procedures necessary for program accomplishment and effective management.
- You will supervise the planning and execution of all Directorate-wide programs, including authority over all subordinate organizations in the directorate.
- You will provide advice in decisions regarding the direction of resources to manage mission tasks, resourcing, funding, human capital, policy development and process oversight for Information Management.
- You will manage and oversee special projects and high profile Department of Defense critical programs withCongressional involvement for the J-5 Directorate.
- You will assist the Deputy Assistant Director, SP and FI (J-5) in the oversight of the Decision Support, Information Management, Enterprise Architecture, Strategy Management and Performance Improvement functional areas.
- You will provide oversight and guidance for any reports to Congress or the Department of Defense regarding the strategic process of the DHA or Military Health System.
- You will direct and manage the J-5 Directorate, which is comprised of field grade and high grade civilian employees in performance of their strategic and operational levels of work through a network of subordinate Division chiefs and supervisors.
- You will make personnel assignments and manages workload based on mission priorities, subordinates, specialized skills, knowledge, capabilities, and the difficulties and requirements of assignments.
- You will establish performance standards and evaluates performance of subordinate supervisors and non-supervisory employees reporting directly to the incumbent (serving as senior rater or rater).
- You will supervise and provide operational oversight of Business Operations in the J-5 Directorate.
- You will oversee various business office programs, including human capital lifecycle process, resource management, strategic planning, business practices, financial planning, and process improvement.
- You will interface directly with senior decision-makers at high level conferences, meetings, and working groups, providing advice and guidance as necessary to government and non-government agencies at all levels.
- You will represent the Director externally at meetings, conferences, and working groups outside the DHA, by providing analysis, assessments, advice and guidance as necessary to both government and non-government agencies.
- You will monitor status of projects and coordinate actions to resolve problems that may jeopardize or delay high-priority programs.
Occasional travel - Travel is dependent upon position description and availability of funding.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523859600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.