The VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System is current recruiting for 1 Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Gastroenterology to join our Medicine Service.Learn more about this agency
The following duties of the APRN-GI include and are not limited to:
- Performs initial histories and physical examinations
- Provides ongoing outpatient care for the assigned patients as well as episodic patients.
- Screens outpatient to determined future treatment plan
- Prescribes medications within defined scope of practice(including Schedule II-V Controlled Substances)Writing orders and prescription as necessary for the care of the patient in accordance with Federal and State laws.
- Appropriately identified vested patients and ensure accurate data entered into medical system
- Ordering diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests and x-rays
- Carry out health promotion and disease prevention activities
- Orders, consults notes, procedures notes, progress notes, consultation requests and administrative letters which are written by the APRN will be clearly identified as such in the written and electronic medical records.
- Initiating and expediting request for consultation and scheduling of special tests and studies
- Making interim summaries on progress notes of the patients medical record
- Providing education and counseling to patient and families for preventive care, medical conditions and use of prescribed treatment and drugs
- Administrative of topical anesthesia
- Performs various procedures related to Gastroenterology as approved in his/her scope of practice
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities including Root Cause Analysis and Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Tort claim reviews.
- Participates in team meetings and mandatory staff functions/events
- Completed all mandatory training modules timely
- Completes required numbers of total credit hours and patient safety hours annually
- Must maintain active certification by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the Commission on the Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Must maintain active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Adheres to facility current policies and procedures and Medical Staff By-Laws
- Uses word processing software to execute several office automation functions such as storing and retrieving electronic documents and files; inserting and deleting text, formatting letters reports, and memoranda; transmitting and receiving e-mails
- Appropriate use of equipment and supplies
- Maintain and orderly and safe area
- Report any accident to self and/or patient . Ensure to complete appropriate incident report form
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523858800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.