The Department of Labor (DOL) fosters and promotes the welfare of job seekers, wage earners and retirees of the United States. Within DOL, Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS) mission is to prepare service members, military spouses and veterans for meaningful careers, provide them with employment resources and expertise, protect their employment rights and promote their employment opportunities.Learn more about this agency
Relocation Incentive may be authorized based on eligibility.
If selected for this position you will serve as Director of Transition Assistance Program (TAP); Supervisory Program Manager (Transition and Training).
Major duties for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Integrates program activities into a cohesive strategy and plans that positively influences the employment related outcomes of over 180,000 transitioning service member each year.
- Supervises all Transition Assistance Program (TAP) policy related activities, which include policy, legislation, partnerships, communications, and outreach.
- Ensures the preparation of TAP related policy submissions such as Veteran Program Letters and the Interagency TAP Memorandum of Understanding; updates to TAP policy based legislative changes, to include recommending TAP legislative changes.
- Supervises all TAP operations related activities, which include the following; budget, contracts, curriculum, scheduling and alternative delivery methods.
- Provides guidance and supervision on measuring and reporting long term employment outcomes and outputs in a manner that continuously provides feedback that allows TAP leaders to improve the program.
This position is outside the bargaining unit.
15 - This position has no promotion potential.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523852900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.