This position is located in the Department of Administration and Finance (A&F), Information Technology Division, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).Learn more about this agency
Although the position is advertised equivalent to SES/SL in pay, MCC uses a pay banded system to compensate employees. This position is pay band MC-2C which is generally equal to SES/SL pay only.
ResponsibilitiesAs the Chief Information Officer (CIO), you will serve as a key member of the Department of Administration and Finance management team with responsibility for providing strategic and operational expertise on matters relating to MCC's information technology programs and operations. As CIO you will:
- Manage the information technology infrastructure and services for the Corporation and provide managerial direction for the maintenance and operation of the Corporation's information systems and applications. Ensure compliance with all federal regulations to provide adequate security for information systems and data in Washington, D.C. and overseas.
- Provide executive leadership and technical direction in the formulation, implementation, and completion of agency wide program operations in the Information Technology Division.
- Manage the enterprise-wide implementation of new approaches to software development of applications and systems that serve multiple organizational levels, such as major changes to the life cycle process for development of enterprise resource planning systems.
- Serve as a senior consultant to top management officials on the design, development, and administration of various mission critical IT systems that support core agency functions and ensure that enterprise architecture plans are aligned with current and future infrastructure.
- Direct large inter-governmental information technology projects with high risk (E-Gov/mission critical projects).
- Manage project resources, monitor their output to mitigate risks, and take immediate corrective action when problems arise. Ensure that all aspects of the project are aligned with the government wide enterprise architecture and take future infrastructure requirements into account.
- Present policy project status briefings and recommendations relating to IT policy initiatives, standards developed, solutions to critical issues concerning long range IT plans to top management.
- Perform the full range of managerial/supervisory duties over a staff of subordinate Information Technology professionals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523800400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.