This position is being filled under AcqDemo Direct Hiring Authority (DHA) for non-acquisition positions involving 51% or more of time in direct support of acquisition positions within Business and Technical Management Professional Career path.Learn more about this agency
This position is part of the Department of Defense (DoD), Missile Defense Agency. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting continuous analysis and evaluation of protocol plans and programs from technical, financial and operational points of view.
As a Protocol Officer at the NH-0301-4 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serves as the senior Protocol Officer for the Fort Belvoir/National Capital Region of operations as well as developing Agency-wide protocol program policies.
- Independently resolves problems or issues impacting programs that extend across organizational and agency lines.
- Conceptualizes, plans, coordinates, facilitates, and executes protocol requirements and support for VIP and high-ranking US and foreign visitors and other guests visiting the agency; large national and multi-national missile defense conferences (with multiple thousands of attendees); Congressional breakfasts and receptions; Executive Leadership off-site meetings; large, agency-wide awards ceremonies (with multiple thousands of attendees); missile defense site and building dedication ceremonies; and MDA community relation events, such as town hall meetings and other agency-wide events. Briefs the executive leadership and insures their personal requests are coordinated within the particular framework of the ceremony when feasible and proper.
- Develops regional and/or agency-wide policies and guidance and provides advice and input on cost and budget, direction, and methods for protocol activities. Develops materials for a variety of public audiences to enhance the understanding of the program and the attitudes and practices advocated by the agency director for the planned and efficient use of natural and other resources.
- Manages program requirements, objectives, and metrics and resolves conflicts among schedules, funding, and resources. Develops program policies, resolves critical problems or issues, and coordinates major program functions throughout the agency. Provides policy guidance to action officers and technical experts throughout the agency.
- Serves as a technical authority on protocol issues. Communicates project or program results to all levels within and outside the agency.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and proposes solutions to highly complex and highly sensitive issues that cut across cultural, political, and ethnic boundaries. Oversees and executes projects that demand varying degrees of involvement and directs support of disparate elements of various organizations. Plans and executes complex multi-faceted projects; identifies and analyzes problems; identifies sources of information; conducts research; interprets data; summarizes results; and makes appropriate recommendations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523776500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.