The Miami VA Healthcare System is looking for a Physician Assistant (PA) to work in the Hematology/Oncology Department within Medical Services. The PA provides care to the Veterans in the inpatient units and outpatient clinics while functioning as a physician extender and assist in the health-care management of the patients. The incumbent provides services while utilizing professional skills, objectivity, insight, advanced clinical training, and experience to evaluate and manage patients.Learn more about this agency
Some of the duties will be, but are not limited to:
- Perform and document initial histories and physicals on inpatients and/or outpatients;
- Assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate care that promotes wellness and prevents disease and/or injury;
- Monitor chemotherapy administration and compliance;
- Prescribe, administer and evaluate patient's response to pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment regimens, including blood/blood products, intravenous fluids and medications and oxygen;
- Provide ongoing care for inpatients and/or outpatients;
- Order, interpret and follow up on diagnostic tests, studies and procedures;
- Facilitate timely imaging and lab tests;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of health care provided and determine the need for therapeutic changes, additional diagnostic workups or specialty consultations;
- Refer, order and coordinate care for patients, including: consultations from other healthcare providers, community health, home care, prosthetic equipment/supplies, physical and occupational therapy as needed;
- Arrange inpatient admissions and writes admission orders;
- Consult for fee base services and coordinate the care as needed;
- Provide patient and family education and counseling in preventive care, medical conditions, and use of prescribed treatments and medications;
- Document findings and relevant data in the medical record, including workload capture/encounter forms;
- Participate in clinical research studies as appropriate; and
- Collaborate with physicians/residents and other health care providers to manage complex health problems.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523757900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.