The Office of Facilities and Environmental Quality, Office of Space and Building Management, Space Management Division is seeking an exceptional Interior Designer to serve as the Space Manager for the Department of Commerce headquarters located at the Herbert C. Hoover Building, (HCHB).Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities include generating a monthly space assignment report and processing space change requests. The selectee will manage and update the FM Systems Computer Aided Facilities Management database, including creating customized reports using SQL.
The duties of this position include:
- Responsible for all aspects of the space inventory database including data collection, management and integrity.
- Proficient in SQL in order to customize the Computer Aided Facilities Management database and to generate custom reports.
- Conducts on-site space utilization surveys and implements actions to ensure the full and efficient use of Department of Commerce assigned space in the HCHB and accordance with the space database.
- Project manager for interior office refurbishments and reconfigurations. Manages renovation and furniture requests and provides technical advice to customers on the selection and design of furnishings to ensure maximum functionality and code compliance.
- Independently develop space plans using AutoCAD.
- Serves as a Contractor Officer Representative (COR) for Space Management Division’s contracts.
- Works with clients analyzing needs, proposing options and developing design documents.
- Develops and promotes positive working relationships with space stakeholders and maintains continuous liaison with space contacts.
- Performs pre-occupancy and post-occupancy space condition inspections and coordinates required work to bring spaces to building standard.
- Maintains and provides oversight of the Space Management Division’s Space Standards Guidelines.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Interior Designer, ZA-1008-3 positions within Office of the Secretary in the same geographical location with the same qualifications and specialized experience.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523756700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.