THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a HR SPEC (R&P/COMP) (Title 5), Position Description Number T5042000 and T5093000 and is part of the AR HRO Air, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
Summary of Duties:
1. Provides advice and support to managers, supervisors, and the Human Resources Officer on recruitment and placement matters for a variety of professional, administrative, technical and clerical occupations GS-09 and below and for wage grade occupations WG-10 and below. Identifies appropriate qualification standard to be applied, validates hire authority, develops position announcements, locates position applicants, develops candidate evaluation criteria and evaluates candidate eligibility, and refers qualified candidates for selection consideration. Reviews and verifies information on requests for vacancy announcements to assure correctness. Notifies candidates of the results of their application.
2. Ensures required selection documentation and information contained thereon is correct including military compatibility; checks medical certificates and reports from references; checks security requirements; initiates select/non-select letters, etc. Counsels and registers employees in the DoD Priority Placement Program and/or OPM Interagency Placement Assistance Program as appropriate.
Interprets and applies State pay setting tools such as highest previous rate rule and recruiting and retention incentives. Analyzes technician and payroll information to identify and resolve pay-setting errors or discrepancies. Sets rates of pay for General Schedule (GS) and Federal Wage System (FWS) technicians for appointments, transfers, promotions, changes to lower grade, and changes between GS and FWS pay systems.
3. Provides advice on military technician compatibility issues and delegated personnel authorities. Provides guidance to supervisors, managers and military commanders on assignment of technicians to compatible military assignments.
4. Assists technicians with permanent change of station moves Initiates transportation agreements. Completes travel orders authorizing various entitlements.
5. Assists in conducting reductions-in-force (RIF). Develops competitive levels and maintains retention registers. Evaluates qualifications and military assignment factors to reassign displaced employees. Assists in developing, coordinating, and maintaining state plans/guidance.
Performs other duties as assigned
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523694300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.