Recruitment/relocation incentive may be authorized.Learn more about this agency
Position is located in Long Term Care Service/Serenity House and is responsible for providing geriatric inpatient care to Community Living Center Residents.
- Provides leadership, both clinically and administratively for Geriatrics/Long Term Care.
- Demonstrates leadership and accomplishment when providing support to the supervising physician and Chief of the Service and assistance to various Services within the VA Medical Center,
- Implements and complies with administrative review of th services operations to assure compliance with all internal and external review requirements.
- Provides clinical management of Residents which may include the initiation of basic life support.
- Under the direction of the attending physician and 'Chief of the Service, will be accountable for all clinical duties and assignments that he/she deem necessary.
- Participates as part of the interdisciplinary team to plan the care of the Resident, including resident-specific goals and outcomes for discharge. Provides clinical input and demonstrates leadership as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Participates in interdisciplinary meetings.
- Completes orders and follow-up on results, including lab, radiology, consults, medications, diets, code status, life sustaining treatments/goals of care conversations, and other needs to treat the Residents.
- Completes appropriate documentation as administratively required.
- Completes routine rounds and evaluations as needed.
- Provides Resident education in an interactive setting.
- Will mentor rotating PA/NP students and other trainees as assigned.
- Will be a leader in performance improvement.
Work Schedule: will vary
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523675200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.