About the Position:Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be a scientist who serves as the Director, Office of Quality, Initiatives and Training (OQIT) for the Defense Forensic Science Center (DFSC), an organization that serves as the Department of Defense (DOD) Forensic Science Center of Excellence, providing full-service forensic support to Army and DoD entities worldwide, and other federal and non-federal agencies, when appropriate.
- Serve as the DOD subject matter expert and advises USACIDC, Army, and DOD command and staff on ISO forensic standards and programs impacting DFSC and its forensic support to Army and DoD entities.
- Responsible for training/readiness and evaluation of QA personnel staff.
- Establishes, directs, and maintains forensic International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and Quality Management programs for all DFSC elements, both in garrison and deployed worldwide.
- Maintain constant vigilance to identify quality assurance discrepancies, as well as define and track appropriate corrective actions.
- Exercise full supervisory responsibilities for military, DA civilians, and contract personnel assigned.
- Establishes, directs and maintains professional certification and laboratory accreditation procedures
- Oversee DFSC scientific research and the DFSC and OPMG Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523659900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.