The incumbent is a principal advisor to management in the area of Diversity Management and Equal Employment Opportunity, ADR and Affirmative Employment for the Marion VA Medical Center. S/he serves as the spokesperson for all protected groups within the local community. The incumbent will be expected to perform a full range of duties and assignment in support of and related to the Equal Employment Opportunity program.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will be expected to perform a full range of duties and assignments in support of, and related to Equal Employment Opportunity program. Examples are listed below:
- Conduct analysis and develop statistics upon which realistic affirmative action goals can be based.
- Develop and implement all plans associated with the EEO program.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of the workforce in order to develop data which can be utilized in evaluating the effectiveness of the program.
- Conduct EEO training including the Prevention of Sexual Harassment to all managers and supervisors at the facility.
- Conduct studies and analysis on the utilization of minorities and women in the work place, identifying obstacles and outlining alternative solutions to identified problems.
- Serve asa representative of the facility in establishing and maintaining contact with local community groups who are interested in civil rights and/or equal opportunity.
- Serve as technical advisor to the facility's EEO Committee.
- Develop an Alternative Dispute Resolution Program, which is any procedure or combination of procedures voluntarily used to resolve issues in controversy without the need to resort to litigation.
- Serve as the facility's mediator.
- Serve as technical expert for processing complaints which are not covered by the Office of Resolution Management (ORM).
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., excluding weekends and Federal holidays
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Equal Employment Manager, PD#0598-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Recruitment/Relocation Incentive may be offered to highly qualified applicant
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/523639100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.